Dr. Robert Harrell understands the importance of a great smile. As founder of Harrell Dental Implant Center, he can address the entirety of your dental needs. Chewing functionality directly impacts your digestive health, not to mention your overall self-confidence. Misaligned, broken, or missing teeth dramatically affect one’s oral, physical and psychological health on numerous levels.
Smile Potential: Are You Maximizing Yours?
If you are continually hiding your mouth, refusing to smile freely or feeling embarrassed due to your current dental situation, it is time to take charge. Poor dental health can lead to hygiene issues and subsequent decay. Depriving yourself from your favorite foods can be devastating and even depressing. Isn’t it time to see for yourself why Harrell Dental Implant Center is so widely recommended?
Dental Implant Bridge Benefits
You can see from the following image how unobtrusive dental implants are to your surrounding teeth. As the implant is surgically anchored into your jawbone, there is no need for damaging neighboring teeth with a traditional bridge mechanism. Many patients opt for the less expensive traditional bridge only to find that it needs to be replaced much earlier than anticipated. Because this method is not as long-lasting, dental implant bridges are clearly the more cost-effective choice in the long run.
The following outline from WebMd.com illustrates the numerous reasons why dental implants of any type and implant supported bridges offer the most bang for your buck:
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
How Successful Are Dental Implants?
Success rates of dental implants vary, depending on where in the jaw the implants are placed but, in general, dental implants have a success rate of up to 98%. With proper care (see below), implants can last a lifetime. Read more at WebMD
Maintaining Easy Hygiene
One of the best things about choosing an implant supported bridge is that your neighboring teeth remain strong and healthy. You can brush and floss as usual without worrying about wires and bands. Unfortunately, traditional bridges cause a lot of issues later on as perfectly healthy teeth are ground down significantly to attach the apparatus. Dental implant bridges facilitate a natural and stronger smile, even helping to maintain the integrity of your jaw.
Enjoy Your Favorite Foods Forevermore
Nothing resembles your natural teeth closer than dental implants. Your implant supported bridge will be much more resilient and comfortable in comparison to a partial bridge that simply sits above your gum line. The overall success rate of dental implant bridges means that they are designed to effectively last virtually problem free once osseointegration is established and healing is complete.
Harrell Dental Implant Center is the Charlotte area leader for dental implant procedures of all varieties. Book your free consultation with us today to learn more about reclaiming your smile with dental implants. Call 704-206-1330 or use the contact form on this page to make your appointment. We look forward to meeting you for a consultation soon.